Tricks & Treats, or, Lighter Notes--
Meanwhile, a smattering of more whimsical observations, for leaven:
1. Wasps are not kitty treats. Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to convince cats of this. So I have a disgruntled deprived kitty sulking after having been shoved out of the way and pinned under my knee, and somewhere yonder there is a disgruntled wasp looking for somewhere else to hibernate after being scooped up in a glass-and-paper and thrust outside again.
2. Why I have to say I'm Bi, not L nor Asexual. As I said, it's easy to think you're Just Not Into Guys when the usual local selection tends to run the gamut from bland to blech (at least over-Axeing seems to have gone out of style here, thank goodness!) and weeks without a single male-induced raising of the pulse - and then someone has to go and post a link to a picture like this --! Uh, yeah, definitely hot. In all possible ways. (Prolly not SFW, unless you work somewhere very fun; via Angry Asian Man) Flannel shirts are not supposed to be that sexy!
3. Also very nice-looking, but safe for work this time: shiny cobalt-blue Mediterranean-style solar roofing, looks like something out of a fantasy illustration doesn't it? I've always liked that roof style, and I've always liked the color blue, and that just does the "two great tastes that taste great together" thing.(Unfortunately I can't remember where I scarfed this link from, probably a tech blog.)
4. Standard warnings, playing w/fire is dangerous, don't do this indoors, don't hurt yourselves, all fun'n'games till somebody loses an eye, you know the drill - now on to the fun stuff, DIY flaming swords. For reals, not photoshoppery - oh yeah. High-tech fibermaking meets the ancient arts of Messing Around With Fire and Messing Around With Knives. Try not to burn the place down while you're having fun!
5. Maple-Bacon Lollipops - and more outre flavors, too: I can't remember if I posted the link to the maple-bacon and absinthe lollipop makers before, but anyway it's the right date for it, and they have new flavors too now, including Irish Cream and Wasabi Ginger, all handmade with real ingredients. I'm not even a hard-candy fan and I find them tempting! (Some of the site is NSFW due to artistic nudity.) OM NOM NOM~